Growing your own hydrogarden
There is nothing more rewarding than connecting with nature and growing your own vegetables and fruits. In just 10 simple steps, you will learn how to assemble your hydrogarden and plant your starter plants:
10 Simple Steps to Assembling and Planting
1. Place reservoir in a sunny location on level ground or flooring near a power source.
2. Fill the tub with 10-15 gallons of water and add 1 tsp. per gallon of water of Foliage Pro 9-3-6 (or other nutrients formulated for hydroponic gardening).
3. Attach your PEX plumbing (or pvc pipe) to your submersible pump and place into the center of the reservoir tub. Position the irrigation holes and end cap at the top for proper water flow.
4. Rest your reservoir lid on top of the tub and feed your cord through the lid access cap. Set both aside until assembly is complete. Do not plug your pump into an outlet until assembly is complete.
5. Remove the end cap on your PEX plumbing temporarily and replace it with a piece of tape to keep it clear of debris, during assembly. Slide your first gardening pot down the plumbing and rest it securely on the lid.
If you are using Perlite as your growing medium, follow these steps:
6. Cover the bottom of gardening pot 3″ full of Colossal Perlite (or other large growing medium formulated for hydroponics) to enhance drainage.
7. Gently remove some of the loose dirt from your starter plants by soaking the roots in a bucket of lukewarm water before planting them in your gardening pot. Lay one plant, at a time, at an angle with the root closest to the pipe in each corner of your pot. Plants should touch the edge of your pot. Add more Perlite, if more height is needed.
8. Fill your pot around the roots to 1″ to 2″ from rim with Colossal Perlite (or other large lightweight growing medium formulated for hydroponics). Proceed to step 10 to complete assembly.
If you are using Growstone as your growing medium, follow these steps instead:
6. Cover the bottom of your gardening pot with 1 ½ – 2″ of Growstone GS-1 hydrostones (or other growing medium formulated for hydroponics) to enhance drainage.
7. Fill your pot to the halfway mark with Growstone Mix This (or other lightweight growing medium).
8. Gently remove the loose dirt from your starter plants by soaking the roots in a bucket of lukewarm water before planting them in your gardening pot. Lay one plant at an angle with the root closest to the pipe in each corner of your pot. Plants should touch the edge of your pot. Add more Mix This, if more height, is needed.
9. Fill your gardening pot around the roots to approximately 1” from the rim with Growstone Mix This. Proceed to step 10 to complete assembly.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 for the remaining 4 gardening pots. Remove the tape on your PEX plumbing and replace with the end cap when assembly is complete. Plug your pump into an electrical outlet and you are ready to grow!
Download PDF version by clicking here: User Manual 2015